How to Improve Your LinkedIn Digital Citizenship
“It’s not Digital Citizenship – It is just Citizenship!”
Professionals need Digital Citizen skills to participate fully in their companies, their professional communities, and to make smart choices online to promote and to protect their Professional Brand.
In this course, you will learn the new Digital Citizen skills that will create a strong foundation for your LinkedIn Professional Brand.
A Digital Citizen is a person who develops the skills and knowledge to effectively use the internet and other digital technology to participate responsibly in social and civic activities. (Dictionary.com 2018)
Professionals that complete this course showcase the following Digital Skills to employers.
- The Professional understands that LinkedIn is the equivalent of an online Business Networking Event.
- The Professional understands that the network is only successful if everyone is using it ethically and only represents themselves in a truthful light.
- The Professional understands that it is their “Responsibility” to cultivate and manage their digital identity and reputation and be aware of the permanence of their actions and the effect it can have on their Professional Brand.
- The Professional understands the importance of being “Respectful” to their network, by giving more than they take and by adding high-level value content by sharing Professional Brand Expertise.
- The Professional understands that they must respect the “Rights” of their Employer’s and other Professionals’ IP.